Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday
1. In the past two weeks I have been making a concerted effort to limit my Spike intake. As much as I love caffeine, you know you have a problem when you take a Spike just to foam roll.
To that end, my girlfriend recently introduced me to this store called Teavana, which is well known for their organic, delicious teas. Check out their website HERE. I’ve been rocking a little white/mate mix that I sampled the last time I was there, and it’s amazing. The way I see it, drinking tea will give me a lot more anti-oxidants as well as a plethora of other health benefits to boot. Moreover, it will help keep me hydrated- I’m horrible at drinking enough water throughout the day.
Nevertheless, I never thought the day would come where I’d be a tea-drinker. What’s next? Fox hunting with the Queen?
2. It’s been said (I forgot where, you’ll just have to trust me on this one) that on average, families eat roughly less than five meals together per week. This includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between. Less than five. What’s more, our children are more apt to recognize a package of Hamburger Helper than they are a tomato. We’ve grown so accustomed to eating out of a box, let alone at the same dinner table, that it’s gotten to the point where our kids don’t even know what real food looks like!
One of my clients sent me this link to chef Jamie Oliver’s show Food Revolution:
3. CP has been getting a lot of love in the blog-o-sphere as of late. Nia Shanks wrote an awesome blog post last week on women and strength training. Namely, you CAN be strong and look feminine at the same time. No, really, you can. Check it out HERE. And thanks for the shout out Nia!
4. So, um, yeah, my girlfriend had me try a umeboshi plum over the weekend.
True to my word, I have been making an effort to try new foods every week. And, Jonny Bowden gave them a gold star in his book, The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, so I figured how bad could they be? Well, if you took Play-Doh and dipped it in cancer- that would taste better than these bastards. Never again. Never again.
5. I always thought Terry Tate: Office Linebacker was the best commercial ever made.
Well, that, and that one time Michael Jackson’s hair caught on fire. Too soon?
Anyways, when I watched the first ten seconds of THIS, however, I quickly changed my mind. I would have posted the video here, but whoever posted it on Youtube, disabled the embedding feature. In short, they should be shot.
What I can do, though, is tell you that Donna Feldman’s (the girl in the commercial) boyfriend just made my list of guys I hate because I’m not him.
6. Just about every day at CP, someone will post a “Poll of the Day” on the inside of the front door. Below was the question from Friday:
To their credit, Eric deadlifts a house and Brian played rugby and hockey back in the day (not to mention broke his nose like 34 times in the process). Clearly, people don’t realize I have a blackbelt in crazy. And by 0% chance, they mean a 0% chance of letting anyone live.