Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday
I’m not going to lie, we’ve had a miserable summer up here in New England. I think there were three days in all of June where it wasn’t cloudy and/or didn’t rain. Similarly, July hasn’t been that much better- although this past weekend we had two straight days of sun. Woo hoo! Needless to say, it’s a beautiful day outside, I’m as white as a ghost, and I’m sitting here in front of my laptop writing a blog post. Read: this one will be quick.
1. Julianne Hough, of Dancing With the Stars fame (no I don’t watch it- okay maybe once) is apparently releasing a workout video where she does and entire workout in high heeled shoes. GWLLLLWPEHGHFSSFDSGOAHSAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Sorry, that was just me swallowing my tongue.
Seriously, watch the video and tell me you don’t want to cringe. $20 says she’ll have the back of a 50 year old by the time she’s 30.
2. I’m starting to become a big fan of including more supplemental (body-weight) lifts in during the week. Specifically, these lifts are added in to help promote blood flow as well as force people to work on movement patterns that they typically ignore. On an aside, they’re also a superb for improving one’s conditioning levels, as displayed by my shirt the other day.
3. Whenever I go into a commercial gym, it’s really hard for me to turn the coach in me off. I’m constantly observing people and what they’re doing. And, as you might expect, I’m constantly resisting the urge to walk up to people and offer tips and/or pointers. I mean, I spend eight to ten hours a day coaching people at CP- I’m programmed to coach. That said, I’ve somehow learned to filter out the stupid when I train at commercial gyms, and just mind my own business. Besides, no one wants to be bothered while they’re training (I know I don’t)-especially by some complete stranger with Wu-Tang blaring out of his iPod.
Be that as it may, yesterday I saw some dude squatting with a decent amount of weight on the bar (to depth no less!). Moreover, a few minutes later I saw the same guy doing Pallof Presses– and I just about shit myself. I literally wanted to go over to him and give him a high five for being awesome. We made eye contact (no homo), and ended up chatting for a bit. Come to find out he’s interning over at Mike Boyle’s place for the summer, and has been planning on coming out to CP one of these weekends to observe. Small world.
4. I wanted to give a quick shout out to CP client Chris Perry who while over in France, sent us a picture of himself wearing his CP shirt next to Jim Morrison’s grave site. This just goes to show that CP is taking over the world. More importantly, I can now check that one off the Places People Need to Take a Picture of Themselves Wearing a CP Shirt list. Still have a few more to go though- namely:
- The Space Station
- Next to Biggie’s gravesite
- Inside a live volcano (how badass would that be?)
- Castle Greyskull
- Kate Beckinsale’s front yard. Or poolside, doesn’t matter.
Get it done people!
5. The new Harry Potter movie opens in three days. Just sayin…..