Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday: Technology, Locksmiths, Shape-Ups, and a Little Teaser
1. First things first, as many of you know I’ve been contemplating getting a new Macbook for a few weeks now, and after doing my research – as well as little coaxing from a few friends, clients, and colleagues – I bit the bullet and bought one yesterday. So far, all I have to say is this: OMGWTFIHEARTTECHNOLOGY!1!!1!1!
I still don’t know how to use it, but that’s beside the point. It’s…….it’s…….it’s so freakin beautiful. Admittedly, I’m feeling a little intimidated by it since it’s completely different from my PC, but after being told by everyone I know that there’s only like a 2-3 week window of adaptation, I think I’m up for the challenge. Besides, I signed up for the One-on-One Program, which is essentially “personal training” for Mac retards, so I should be good to go.
What’s more, in addition to my new laptop, I also upgraded my Blu-ray player so that I now have the ability to stream Netflix onto my television. In short, my boner had a boner for the entire day yesterday. The only thing that could have made my “man-day” more manly was if I went hunting for grizzly bear in a Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood riding shotgun.
2. My weekend wasn’t all full of puppy dog kisses and rainbows, however. Friday night I get home from work, and park my car on the side of the street because I was just going to run inside real quick, take a shower, and head into Davis Square to do a little writing. I get into my car – nothing. Nada. The engine would start, but it wouldn’t turn over. I’ve had my car for eight years, and it’s never done that before.
Nonetheless, I had to call AAA to get my car towed out to my mechanic Saturday morning. As it turned out, some of the wires in the back of the engine were “grounded,” and had to be replaced. Making lemonade out of lemons, I had to get my car inspected anyways, but it still sucked that I had to drop a couple hundred in doing so.
To make matters worse, I get home after work on Saturday and call my girlfriend to discuss what we were planning on doing that night. I grab my wallet and phone and shut my door. And then it hits me. You know that feeling in your stomach you get whenever you “think” you lose your wallet, or in my case, leave your GODDAMN KEYS IN YOUR APARTMENT?!?!?!!? Well, that’s what happened. I locked myself out. And the kicker? My landlord is in New Hampshire for the weekend – two hours away – and won’t be back until the following day. Awesome.
Long story short, I called the locksmith. He arrived an hour later and made $190 in roughly 37 seconds (talk about a recession proof job!) Then, he tells me “you know, you should make copies of your keys.” Thanks Captain Obvious, I’ll get right on that.
3. Okay, enough. As much as I’d like to think that my life is exciting, I recognize that you don’t visit this blog to know my personal drama.
In any case, check out THIS article that was sent to me by a reader earlier last week discussing, in not so many terms, whether or not Tracy Anderson sucks.
4. I don’t want to get too far a head of myself, but suffice it to say, there may be some MAJOR changes going on with the site in the not so distant future. I don’t know, I just feel like the site needs a little more of a “jazz hands” kind of feel to it (pizzaz if you will), and I’d like to make it a bit more interactive. As such, it’s nothing definite (yet), but the wheels have been set in motion. Stay tuned………
5. Oh, speaking of yesterday’s shopping spree. I came across this display and had to take a picture of it with my cell phone:
I’ve blogged about these monstrosities in the past, so I won’t belabor the fact that a little piece of my soul dies every time I see them. What I will say, though, is that it still amazes me that people actually buy into this bullshit and continue to drink the Kool-Aid. Sad, really.
6. And finally, last week I posted Part II of Henry Lau’s Consistency and Accountability guest blog. In it, I mentioned how I wasn’t able to post the before and after pictures of the star of the article, Bruce. Well, for those who are interested, Henry sent me the jpg files and I was able to insert them into the article. You can click HERE if you’d like to see them (scroll down to the bottom). Amazing transformation if you ask me. Nice work Henry (and Bruce)!!