Christmas in August?
For the past five years I have had the opportunity to work at various types of gyms/facilities. Some good, some bad. And by “bad,” what I really mean is Bally Total Fitness. I keed I keed. Seriously though, that place stinks.
Right now I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I remember back in the day, I would get so excited and the anticipation of that Christmas morning where I would hightail it down the stairwell to see all my new toys under the tree was undoubtedly the best day of my life. Well, I kind of have that feeling now.
I have always wanted to work at a gym that allowed me to take full advantage of my abilities as a trainer. A place where I didn’t have to wait for certain pieces of equipment while working with a client (yes I am talking to you Mr. I curl in the squat rack guy), or a place where there aren’t massive crowds every single night. Essentially I have always wanted to work at a place that I would be proud of and kicks major ass.
Cressey Performance Center folks. My good friend Eric Cressey opened up his own facility recently and I can honestly say that I DO feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
Here’s a brief bullet point rundown of the facility:
1. Located on 43 Broad St in Hudson, MA (with easy access to Mass Pike, 495, Rt. 9, etc)
2. Private and Semi-private training only. No annoying crowds.
3. Cutting edge training techniques with top notch equipment for training athletes as well as soccer moms and “weekend warriors.”
4. Sprint track (and yes, we have cardio machines too).
5. You will never hear John Mayer or Celine Dion playing in the background.
Feel free to stop by the facility and stay tuned for updates at www.cresseyperformance.com. You can also e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org