Giving Thanks to “Stuff”
My most favoritest time of year is finally here. Thanksgiving is pretty much the most perfect holiday ever invented. Copious amounts of delicious food + football + women in the kitchen = tears in my eyes. No, but seriously, it’s the one day out of the year where I don’t give a rats ass what I put down my pie hole. Furthermore, it also marks the countdown to two things: a) my birthday (Nov 30th: which lets be honest, should be a holiday in-of-itself), and b) the Victoria Secret Fashion Show (Dec 3rd on CBS) featuring Alessandra Ambrosio’s, ummmmmm, belly button.
I do love Thanksgiving because it’s one of the rare holidays that doesn’t have an agenda. It comes down to two things: enjoying time with your family and relatives, while giving thanks to what’s important in your life.* And of course, totally dominating mom’s homemade apple pie.
Enjoy it people. Go nuts and eat till you can’t anymore. And then eat again. It’s one day. Don’t sweat the details and freak out if you have a carb. Enjoy them and all their glory. CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* My List of Things I’m Thankful for:
1. My readers. I know it sounds sappy, but I truly do appreciate the support and the fact that this blog has steadily grown in the year and half that I have done it. Thank you!
2. A great training crew. You know those days when you just don’t “feel it,” and you don’t want to go to the gym and train? Well, this is why finding a training crew or someone to train with is so important. Accountability.
3. Speaking of which, I’m also thankful for having the coolest/best clients ever at CP. I plan on getting a lift in at 8AM tomorrow morning before I head back home to NY. Upon hearing about this, ten of our clients mentioned that they’d be game to come in as well. Awesomeness will ensue (blog post to follow).
4. Spike (cue “Unchained Melody” by Righteous Brothers)
5. Snatch Grip Rack Pulls. They’ve been my saving grace the past few months.
6. The fact that Keanu Reeves has only been in one feature film the past two years. Lets all agree that the less Keanu, the better.
7. The Fitcast. It’s been a blast, and make sure to keep your eyes peeled for BIG things to come.
8. Interns. Telling someone to go vacuum has never been so darn easy! As luck would have it, there is still one more spot available for the winter session; and spots for the Spring session are filling fast. Those who are interested can contact Pete DuPuis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe travels everyone, have an awesome holiday!