Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday (4/20/09)
1. It’s Patriots Day here in the Boston area today. For those that don’t know what that entails, there’s this little thing called The Boston Marathon, and essentially, anyone who happens to be lucky enough to work in the city gets the day off. Which is to say, I’m not one of those lucky ones AND it’s yet another reason for the streets of Boston to be lined with drunk people. God save us all.
2. Speaking of the marathon, I just wanted to give a shout out to two of CP’s clients who will be running in it this morning; Stephanie Holland-Brodney and Aimee McGuire. Make the V-Club proud ladies!!!!
Coincidentally, Steph promised that this would be her last marathon (I’m not holding my breath because she’s said the same thing the past two years), but just case, I’m posting this picture as a gentle reminder that it IS public record now:
3. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that people will go lose weight; running a marathon aside. LMAO. See what I just did there? In case you’re not picking up what I’m putting down, I’m basically saying that for many people (read: not all) training/running for a marathon isn’t going to be the panacea of weight loss they think it is. Get it? Get it? Jesus people. It’s called sarcasm*. You should try it sometime.
Anyways, check out this die-it. Freakin classic.
4. My friend Matt McGorry wrote a really good article about carb-cycling for t-nation.com last week. Check it out here. The best part however, was the last sentence:
So, if you’re on a quest for single-digit body fat, think about what you’ve done so far today. If you didn’t pack your own food before you left your house, how much do you really care about getting shredded?
5. Anna Faris is hot. I’d totally make her meals for her. Just sayin.