Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday (Omnivore’s Dilemma, A New Podcast, and I Can’t Find My Camera Adapter)
Alright, better late than never. It’s still technically Monday, so I have some time to get a blog in. Just so everyone knows, I just spent the better half of the weekend berating Kevin Larrabee for admitting that he’s never watched Pulp Fiction. The dude has watched every Jason Statham movie ever made (which isn’t saying much), yet has never watched one of the greatest movies ever made. I mean come on, I’d rather wash my face with broken glass than watch The Transporter 19. EPIC fail Kevin Larrabee. EPIC fail.
1. For the past week, I’ve listened to
guy who doesn’t return my text messages Brian St. Pierre rant and rave about this book he’s been reading, The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals.
Honestly, I haven’t seen him this excited about a book since the re-release of Judy Blume’s Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. He’s so cute.
In all seriousness, I have a stack of books on my bookshelf that are still waiting to be read*, but because of Brian, I’m moving this to the top of the list. Read his review here.
2. If I have to listen to one more parent tell me that their kid needs to work on their sprinting mechanics (even though said kid can’t perform one clean body weight lunge), I think I’m going go nuts.
3. My good friend, and fellow admirer of the badonkadonk, Mike Robertson unveiled his new Podcast earlier this week. In an effort to elevate the industry as a whole, Mike’s mission is to “keep it real,” and show the world that there really are better ways to train that what you see on TV and in the magazines. Check out the first episode here.
And you didn’t hear it from me, but word on the street is that a certain someone who’s first name begins with a T and ends with Mr. Kate Beckinsale might be on as a guest soon. Topics may or may not include the following:
– Who shot first: Han Solo or Greedo?
– How I’d rather have a healthy athlete throw a chainsaw at his/her own face than include unstable surface training in their programming.
– Whether or not we should mandate a law to tell Jillian Michaels to shut up.
– As well as other relevant stuff pertaining to lifting heavy things, program design, and how dudes with over 5000+ posts on a forum really need to get a life. Stay tuned………
That’s all I have for today. I was going to include a video of a 500 lb deadlift I did over the weekend, but I can’t seem to find my adapter I need for my digital camera. Instead, I’ll just include the trailer to the latest X-Files movie that I watched the other night.
Don’t bother renting it. I can summarize it for you right here:
Mulder: Hey, I’m socially awkward (see, I grew a beard), and believe in aliens. Want to make out?
Fade to Black
I should write movies, I swear to god.
* Dating for Dummies, Crime and Punishment, and Everyone Poops. You know, the classics.