Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday (It’s My Birthday So You Better Write Me a Message on Facebook)
1. I hope everyone had a safe and delicious Thanksgiving last week. I don’t know about you, but I’m going to need at least a week to detox my body from all the pie I ate over the weekend. What can I say, whenever I go home, I just can’t resist my mom’s homemade cooking.
Along similar lines, today is my birthday (33), and last night I decided I would finally go to Pizzeria Uno and have their Deep Dish Sundae to celebrate. I’ve been talking about this sumbitch for like a year now, and last night, as we were walking past an Uno on the way to visit friends, I told my girlfriend that it was time.
It was glorious.
However, today I’m back on point with my eating. Brian St. Pierre and I are actually in the process of planning a pseudo get shredded plan this month. I’ll be sure to update everyone once I know what the hell we’re actually going to be doing. Needless to say, you can pretty much guarantee that I’ll hate life for the next few weeks, but it will all be worth it when I flex my pecs and they turn into diamonds. I love magic.
2. I know people have been waiting with abated breath, so without any further ado, here are some videos from the Thanksgiving morning lift at Cressey Performance:
To say that it was complete madness is an understatement. I think we had roughly 25 people show up at 8AM to get their lift on:
Here’s Dan T hitting a personal best of 360 with the bench press:
Here’s my girlfriend, Lisa, pushing the Prowler, and loving every second of it (note sarcasm):
And here’s me deadlifting (big surprise) with my Cobra Commander shirt on. This is 505 for three reps. I then followed that with 15 reps at 405. Not surprisingly, I received the following text message afterwards:
Tony, WTF. Don’t ever do that again
Unfortunately, I didn’t get a video of KevLar (Kevin Larrabee) doing bicep curls vs. bands while screaming THIS IS SPARTA at the top of his lungs. All in all, it was an awesome time and we’re definitely looking forward to next year!
3. Speaking of Kevin, he’s holding a Black Friday sale on The Fitcast Insider up until Tuesday at Midnight. It’s a pretty sweet deal consisting of 19 interviews featuring the likes of John Berardi, Alwyn Cosgrove, Mike Robertson, Mike Boyle, Bill Hartman, and some guy named Gentilcore (to name a few). Not to mention a high resolution Dan John squat video to boot. Check it out HERE.
4. My birthday actually got me out of a speeding ticket yesterday. I was caught doing 40 in a 25 MPH zone, but when the officer returned to my car all he said was “you’re lucky it’s your birthday tomorrow,” and just gave me a warning. So this pretty much means I can get way with doing anything today. I’m totally turning right on red. What can I say? I like to live life dangerously.
5. Holy Krystal Forscutt, this is the best b-day present I have received so far. Thanks James!!!!!!
UPDATE: Resident fashionista and CP’s longest tenured client, Steph HB took some candid shots from the Thanksgiving lift, and as luck would have it, totally caught KevLar mid rep during his gun-show performance. He’s single……ladies?