Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday (A Day Late Because I Moved Into My New Apartment and Didn’t Get the Interbwebz Hooked Up Till Yesterday Edition)
As the title states, I moved into my new apartment at the tail end of last week, so I apologize for taking so long to write another post. Suffice it to say, I’m digging the new pad. My cupboards are stocked with beef jerky, Star Wars posters are up, and I bought a plunger. Oh, and I’ve got Sade pre-set in my stereo. Ladies?
1. Because I promised I would, I’d like to give a quick shout out to my boys (Clark, Dan, and Omri) for taking time out of their day on Friday to come into Boston to help me move. All three drove into the city from CP that day AFTER completing a brutal squat session. Thanks fellas, I really did appreciate the help.
2. Also, a ginormous congratulations goes out to CP client Dede Griesbauer for winning Ironman Brazil over the weekend with a time of 09:10:15-setting a 10 minute coarse record. For those that don’t know, Ironman Brazil consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, followed by a 26.2 mile run. Way to go Dede!!!! And here I thought I accomplished something impressive by walking to the local CVS this morning to buy some gum.
3. I recently discovered a new grocery store that sells cottage cheese for $1.50 less than where I usually buy it from. It was pretty much the happiest day of my life. Okay, I lied. The happiest day of my life was when I completed my first undefeated season in Super Tecmo Bowl with the Washington Redskins. Mark Rypien to Art Monk……..dolla dolla bill ya’ll. Well, it’s either that or the first time my ex- girlfriend let me have sex with her-with the lights on. It’s a toss up.
4. Oftentimes at CP the staff likes to challenge one other and come up with random “feats” of strength to perform. It’s machismo at it’s finest. The other day, Pete called Eric out and said that he couldn’t do 20+ chin-ups on the spot. Understandably so (and because he’s really a stubborn 12 year old kid) Eric took this to heart, threw off his shoes and this is what followed:
5. Cassandra Forsythe wrote a really good blog post the other day titled Reasons Why You Don’t Need Bottled Water. It definitely makes you think and puts things into perspective. Which is to say, dammit Cass, why do you always have to make sense?
6. I also want to take this time to welcome our new summer interns- Phil, Roger, and Alex. For the next few months, all three will be helping out around the facility working with a wide variety of athletes, as well as getting a lot of valuable “real world” exposure in regards to learning how to coach, how we design programs, and OKAY MAGGOTS WELCOME TO MY WORLD. DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME TWENTY!!! PHIL, GRAB A MOP. ROGER GO STAND IN THE CORNER AND LOOK BUSY. ALEX, WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING?? THAT’S IT, YOU JUST PULLED BATHROOM CLEANING DUTY FOR THE ENTIRE SUMMER. Hahahahahaha. Just kidding fellas. No, but seriously, that peanut butter sandwich isn’t going to just make itself. Chop, chop.