Miscelleaneous Miscellany Monday: “Oh Boy”
So Happy Take Your Girlfriend Out to Dinner Day! Seemingly, I had everything planned out to a “t” over the weekend – making reservations at a trendy Italian restaurant in the romantic North End district for Sunday night. The way I saw it, having to make reservations for a Monday night was just going to be a big pain in the ass, so I decided to beat everyone to the punch and celebrate Valentine’s Day last night instead.
Rewind to Saturday night: As it were, one of our clients at CP wanted to take the entire staff (along with significant others) out for dinner – to a steak house no less. EPICNESS was sure to ensue.
Everything was going swimmingly well – appetizers were delicious, girlfriend was drinking wine (BOM CHICKA BOM BOM), I hadn’t spilled anything on my shirt, and everyone was just having a great time enjoying each other’s company.
Entrees come, and I get about, I don’t know, six bits in and I just don’t feel too well. Nothing out of the ordinary – maybe I just a little overzealous with the appetizers ya know?
I’ll spare you the rest of the details, but it went something like this:
Blah blah blah, high fives, blah blah blah, Tony, where are your pants? blah blah blah, no, we’ll pass on dessert, blah blah blah see you on Monday
Lisa and I get in my car to head home.
Luckily I only live like ten minutes from the restaurant, because once we parked in front of my apartment and we were heading inside, I bend over, say something along the lines of “oh boy,” and proceed to blow junks all over the place. I’m talking Lean on Me, Barf-o-Rama drama.
And to take it a step further, I pass out – on the sidewalk. Deadweight. Down for the count.
I come to about ten seconds later and have no idea what happened. Of course, Lisa has a “WTF” look on her face and immediately helps me up and walks me into the apartment. I could go into the gory details, but I’ll spare you the visuals. Suffice it to say, when all was said and done, I passed out four times on Saturday night and felt like I got ran over by a mack truck all day yesterday.
Alas, no North End, no Valentine’s Day. Who says romance is dead?
I’m okay today, though, and am about to head into the facilty to get my lift on.
2. Speaking of Valentine’s Day, starting today Mike Boyle is offering a pretty awesome deal on Functional Strength Coach 3.0 all week. First off, you can purchase the product at 25% off. In addition, he’s also throwing in TWO bonus dvds to sweeten the deal. For more information, go HERE.
3. Before the drama over the weekend, I had been spending the past few nights catching up on a bunch of Alan Aragon Research Reviews. I subscribed to it a loooooooong time ago, and shame on me for not keeping up with it as much as I should have. If you’re a fitness professional, you’re really doing yourself a disservice if you’re not taking advantage of this service. I for one hate reading research, and Alan does a superb job at breaking things down and ruffling a few feathers to boot. Which is to say, he isn’t scared go go against the grain. What’s more, it’s only $10 per month!
4. Pretty much the funniest things I’ve watched in a while:
5. I had to share this as well, because it’s pretty bad-ass. Donnell Boucher is the strength coach for the Citadel baseball team, and he’s stopped by CP on several occasions to see what we do. This video was compiled over the Fall of 2010, and shows just how much dedication and effort Donnell has put into the program. Great job! Those boys get after it!
6. And lastly, my good friend, Joe Dowdell, owner of Peak Performance in New York City, did a fantastic interview over on Brad Schoenfeld’s blog that I felt many of you would enjoy reading. Check it out HERE. Joe’s a very bright guy, owns a top notch facility, and is one handsome bastard. I pretty much hate him.
Okay, I’m going to attempt to go lift some heavy things now. Here’s hoping i don’t kill myself.
UPDATE: I survived. Put the staff though the first day of Lean Hybrid Muscle and it was a doozy. I pretty much hate life right now.