Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday: Catching Up
I haven’t done one of these in forever, and boy oh boy do we have a lot of catching up to do!
1. First and foremost, as I’m tapping away on my keyboard this very moment there’s only 507 days, 17 hours, and 18 minutes until the premiere of Star Wars Episode VII.
If you want to keep track for yourself you can go HERE.
Don’t worry about it. Embrace you’re inner nerd.
2. I can’t believe that we’re only a few days from hitting the dog days of summer! Speaking from a personal standpoint August is going to be the quiet before the storm. I have a very busy fall schedule on the horizon.
Excellent High Five Workshop Reminders – London and DC (<– Important!)
Dean Somerset and I are going to be in London the weekend of September 13th and 14th at The Third Space Soho to kick off our little “tour.”
This will be my first trip to London (or Europe, for that matter) and Dean’s 212th visit (give or take).
We’re both really excited to be bringing our workshop overseas and anxious to share our information with other trainers, coaches, and fitness enthusiasts eager to learn.
We’ve capped the number of attendees due to space restrictions and we’re thiiiiiiis close to hitting that number, so if you were planning on waiting till the last minute to register I wouldn’t wait much longer. Seriously, go HERE.
In addition to London, we’ll also be in Washington, DC the weekend of October 18th and 19th at Underground Athlete in Sterling, VA.
We have an early-bird special running until August 15th, and after that date the price increases $100. That’s like dinner for two at a nice restaurant, or 14 at Olive Garden.
Either way, saving yourself a hundred big ones never sucks. For more information and to register go HERE.
3. I’ve made several cameo appearances around the interwebz as of late and wanted to share them here:
– What do you get when you clump together six trainers/coaches and ask them what their favorite exercises are to strengthen and firm the abs?
Unfortunately, not some raunchy reality tv show
Instead, you get THIS doozy on WomensHealthMag.com (additional contributions from Mike Boyle, Rachel Cosgrove, BJ Gaddour, Ashley Borden, and John Romaniello).
– The CrossFit games were this past weekend (c0ngrats to both Rich Froning and Camille Leblanc-Bazinet for making us all feel bad about ourselves) and as such there were a slew of articles all over the mainstream media which preceded them. Some good (yay for CrossFit!), some bad (CrossFit is Satan’s spawn).
I’m not going to open up Pandora’s box on that topic, but needless to say I was happy to be a part of THIS article which was featured on the Huffington Post. In a nutshell: moving well and taking the time or properly progress people should ALWAYS take precedence.
Yeah, that’s right….Tony Gentilcore, in the Huffington Post. Excuse me while I go order some Grey Poupon.
On an aside, the author of that article, Sophia Herbst, took my lengthier responses to her initial questions and posted them up on her blog HERE.
– I also made a bit of a cameo in a hilarious – albeit 100% spot on – article on Buzzfeed last week titled 15 Things Girls Who Lift Are Tired of Hearing.
The author – Hannah Bass – was kind enough to link to an old blog post of mine on Tracy Anderson (see point #5 in the article).
– A few weeks ago EVOShield in conjunction with Stack Magazine came to Cressey Sports Performance to film a few videos on baseball training starring……..ME!!!!!
All of them are within the 3-6 minute range, so grab a bag of beef jerky or something and enjoy. They’re pretty much the sexiest thing on the internet.
Seriously though, I hate watching myself on video. For me it’s like listening to Freddy Kruger scratch a chalkboard, or worse, listening to a John Mayer song.
But I have to say, these all turned out great!
And that’s it for now. Unless you want to know what I had for breakfast this morning too. In that case:
– 5 (whole) egg omelet with onion, broccoli, and cheese (seasoned with pepper, turmeric, Italian seasoning, and garlic)
– 1 cup oatmeal with scoop of protein powder and 1/2 cup blueberries.
– 6 Flame Out capsules
– 20 ounces of water with a scoop of Athletic Greens.
– And, boom goes the dynamite.