Stuff to Read While You’re Pretending to Work: 5/24/21
STUFF TO CHECK OUT FIRST
1. I’m Coming to England (Manchester & London: Fall 2021)
I have confirmed that I’ll be coming to England this September to do not one, but TWO separate workshops.
- I’ll be doing my 1-day Coaching Competency Workshop at Gudlift Gym in Manchester on Sunday, 9/12 – click HERE for itinerary and to register.
- The following weekend (9/18) I will be in London alongside Luke Worthington to put on our 2-day Strategic Strength Workshop (host location is still being figured out)
It feels extraordinary to finally be putting events INTO my calendar rather than taking them off.
I hope to see you there!
SIDE NOTE: I’ve tossed Charleston, SC out there, as well as Philadelphia, PA (the latter would likely be a Strong Body Strong Mind Workshop with my wife, Dr. Lisa Lewis).
I’m hoping I can pull them off, but am also open to other options as well – Milwaukee, Memphis, Mordor, whatever.
If you’re interested in possibly hosting me for a day or two (or know of a gym who’d be a good fit), please reach out and let’s chat.
SOCIAL MEDIA SHENANIGANS
No, really, it’s okay to not say a word during a set of something when coaching your clients/athletes.
Ruling out risk of injury…
Let them marinate in feeling what a wonky rep feels like and what a good one feels like. They’ll figure it out without your 17 cues.
— Tony Gentilcore (@tonygentilcore1) May 19, 2021
View this post on Instagram
STUFF TO READ WHILE YOU’RE PRETENDING TO WORK
3 Ways to Spot a Low Quality Study – Steve Kamper
You see it allllll the time on social media: People tossing out “studies” left and right to defend their position on a bevy of topics.
To their credit: citing a study is better than citing a Netflix documentary.
Suffice to say, not all studies are created equal.
Why Can’t I Build Muscle? – Christian Thibaudeau
More often than not the answer to this question is:
- You’re not training nearly hard (or frequently) enough.
- A squirrel eats more food than you.
However, there are instances where someone can be a true “non-responder.” Christian delves a little deeper into the topic in this article.
Does Squatting Hurt or Help Your Knees? – Tim DiFrancesco
I dig pretty anything Tim writes or pontificates on.
He’s the shit.