Miscellaneous Miscellany Monday (Say That Three Times Fast)
1. Last week, while out to dinner with the boys from CP, Eric stated that I should man up and add a ton of sled work into my programming. Since I am basically banned from squatting for the time being (and because my knees hate me), I’ve decided that I do need to man up, and as of last Wednesday, I’m pulling the sled twice per week.
UPDATE: Um yeah, after eight sets of dragging on the rubber matting on Saturday I’ve come to the conclusion that I “need” a raging case of Gonorrhea more than I need to drag the sled more. I’d rather masturbate with a cheese grater than look at the sled again.
In all seriousness, as much as the sled sucks, it’s a great way to still get some leg training in despite trying to work around an injury (especially for those with knee issues). Additionally, as John Berardi wrote in this article, the sled is a fairly versatile piece of equipment that can be used in a plethora of ways. Suck it up buttercup.
2. According to this story on Yahoo News, apparently
Skeletor Madonna scheduled sex with her husband Guy Ritchie around her workouts. According to a report in London’s Daily Mail, Ritchie says the marriage disintegrated when Madonna started planning their sex life around her daily three- to four-hour gym sessions. Come on now, do you expect me to believe this? Married people have sex? Hahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaha. Good one Yahoo.
3. Awhile back I wrote on how I felt that most flaxseed oils tasted like buttcrack (Read: all flaxseed oils taste like buttcrack). Imagine my surprise when a representative from Shape Foods contacted me to try a few of their Heart Shape Flax Oil blends and I didn’t want to swallow my own tongue! I kind of felt like “Mikey” from those old Life Cereal commercials. He likes it, he likes it!!!!!
Traditionally, the taste of flax oil hasn’t been a high point for me, but with this culinary quality blend, I was pleasantly surprised. However this whole scenario did get me thinking about what other companies may be poking in from time to time and what other free stuff I can get. Nike? Reebok? Heeellllo? Just an FYI, shirt size= sexy.
4. Here’s a cool e-mail I received from John Brooks, who traveled all the way from Seattle to stop by CP and to cheer on his on wife’s team during the Head of the Charles.
Thanks for inviting me out there to have a look at CP, and for letting me get a lift in. It was great to meet all of you guys and to see the environment you have created there. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions in the middle of your work day, and how you teach and coach the athletes. I have been at a few other facilities across the country and you guys have done singularly the best job at creating the right environment, teaching the athletes the value of the simple (but not easy) movements, and getting the athletes to value hard work and technique over numbers on the bar. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a great deal.
Thanks so much for the kind words John. Really.
5. Check out this week’s episode of The FitCast, which includes a bonus interview with strength coach Mike Boyle. Great stuff!
6. I got nuthin else. Just arrived to work, and we have a few of our pro baseball guys showing up in ten minutes to train. God I love my job.