Stuff to Read While You’re Pretending to Work: 10/4/19
This place was a bit dearth with content this past week, but for good reason.
I signed a lease for a new, larger space for my gym here in Boston.
70% of me is excited while the other 30% is doing the best I can not to destroy the back of my pants. Nonetheless, coming in early 2020: The CORE Collective.
WTF am I doing!?!
BUT FIRST…CHECK OUT WHERE I’M GOING
1. Coaching Competency Workshop – New York, NY: Sunday, November 3, 2019
2. (Even More) Complete Shoulder & Hip Blueprint – Athens, Greece: Saturday, Feb 29th & Sunday, March 1st, 2020
This will be the first leg of mine and Dean Somerset’s European extravaganza in early 2020. The second leg will take place in…
3. (Even More) Complete Shoulder & Hip Blueprint – Maidenhead, U.K: March 7th & 8th, 2020
There’s an Early Bird rate for both of these events, so keep that in mind before you decide to hold off. Dean and I are really excited for this and hope to see you there!
SOCIAL MEDIA SHENANIGANS
Personal trainers who complain about “working on the weekends” got into the wrong profession.
Newsflash: most people’s free time to train is…
Wait for it.
Wait for it.
Saturday and/or Sunday.
— Tony Gentilcore (@tonygentilcore1) September 29, 2019
View this post on Instagram
The Rainbow Deadlift. . Yet another one of my favorite Landmine/Angled Bar exercises I like to use with the Gut Wrench via @strongerthanu_inc . . The Gut Wrench makes utilizing Landmine variations easy because it allows you the versatility to perform them anywhere on the gym floor.. . Great addition to any studio or gym.
STUFF TO READ WHILE YOU’RE PRETENDING TO WORK
This is an older article from Mark (and one I read off of The Strength House’s newsletter), but man it needs to be read by ANYONE who manages people or owns a business.
Top 15 Face Pull Variations for Shoulder Health & Performance – Dr. John Rusin
Face Pulls = highly UNDER-rated exercise.
You (probably) need to be doing more of them.
Here’s THE article that explains the who, what, why and how.
HINT: UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START
But for real….a little exercise, daily, works wonders. There’s little need for marathon sessions in the gym, everyone’s busy and doesn’t have time, but Lana showcases some “quickie” workouts to set the tone.