Stuff to Read While You’re Pretending to Work: 2/14/20
BUT FIRST…I’M LIKE, REALLY, REALLY IMPORTANT
(Things I’ve appeared in, places I’m going, you know, important stuff)
1. (Even More) Complete Shoulder & Hip Blueprint – Athens, Greece: Saturday, Feb 29th & Sunday, March 1st, 2020
It’s official: This marks the sixth year in a row Dean Somerset and I are presenting together. We’re so excited to be coming to Athens to kickstart 2020.
2. Coaching Competency Workshop – London, UK: Sunday, March 8, 2020
**EARLY BIRD rate ends this weekend! (save $100 by registering soon).
3. Strategic Strength Workshop – Detroit, MI: April 5, 2020
This will be my first ever workshop in the region!
I’m expecting ticker tape parades.
4. Strategic Strength Workshop – Washington, DC: May 17, 2020
SOCIAL MEDIA SHENANIGANS
Another coach asked why other coaches hire coaches to be their coach. Here’s my answer:
1. I write a metric shit-ton of programs. The last person I want to write one for is myself.
2. I use it as a way to learn.
3. I’m not doing single leg work unless someone programs it..😂
— Tony Gentilcore (@tonygentilcore1) February 13, 2020
STUFF TO READ WHILE YOU’RE PRETENDING TO WORK
The Fitness Industry is Failing Regular People – Elsbeth Vaino
“Normal people” = those who don’t have lofty physical goals and/or workout 1-2x per week.
Great read from Elsbeth on this one.
How to Do a Single Leg RDL Without Falling On Your Face – Christa Sgobba
The single leg deadlift is a less intimidating exercise that it’s bilateral cousin. However, I’d argue it’s a more advanced movement.
I was happy to contribute to this article for SELF Magazine.
Which Barbell Squat Variation is Optimal For You? – Dr. Michael Mash
Are you someone with hip pain? Knees that feel like they’ve been put through a meat grinder? Maybe you’re a beginner or just someone who’s sole focus is to get as strong as possible.
Not all squat variations are created equal.